Friday, November 03, 2006

They don't scare me any more!

My two afternoon classes were fine. The kids don't scare me any more. Turns out they're actually just like people, only smaller. Anyway, we did the introductions again, then I asked what they were going to do at the weekend. It didn't entirely go according to plan (I didn't get them to talk much about the Loy Krathong festival), but I did manage to get a few sentences out of them, and then we did a bit of repetition: “This weekend I will play football”. Repeat. “This weekend I will go to Loy Krathong festival”. Repeat. And so on. It took a couple of goes to make them understand what “repeat” meant (I guess the Thai teachers have always given instructions in Thai), but we got there in the end. And then I let them go five minutes early when I really ran out of ideas. It was fine.

I now have chalk dust all over me.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 am, Blogger Sarah said...

I can see I'm going to be checking this every day - fab blog!

Glad to hear it's getting a little easier

What an adventure!!!

Sarah x

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger Deborah Duck said...

Hi Charlotte, hope you don't mind me stalking your blog - saw you has posted on UKS and realised I hadn't seen you for ages.

What an adventure you are having! You actually went and did one of those things we all dream of doing, especially when we are younger, but never have the courage to do.

Will definitely be checking back here regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home