Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Some light relief

I wonder if I'll blog less once I've been here a few months. Probably – or it'll all be like, yup, another disastrous lesson, so what else is new...

Oh, I just remembered an incredibly funny TV clip one of the lecturers showed us at Chula (that's short for Chulalongkorn University. It's what you call it if you're hip and happening, like I am). Anyway, it was an advert, and it's just this guy in an office, and over the radio comes this voice: “We're sinking! We're sinking!” and he looks a little confused, and takes the radio: “Zis is ze Cherman coast guard”, and the message comes again “We're sinking! We're sinking!” and he pauses, before replying, “vot... vot are you sinking about?”. And it was advertising a foreign language correspondence course. It was hilarious. It's probably better if you saw the actual ad, but all the same, it's funny, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home