Thursday, November 02, 2006

This is what they call guidance

I'm still totally confused as to what we're supposed to be teaching these kids. So I asked Ajarn Wanna what sort of topics we should cover - grammar, vocabulary, themes... - and she told me "everything! You are native speaker, you know what to do!". Um, that's not exactly helpful, although it does make me feel a bit better, since it seems I don't have to worry about doing the wrong thing! Basically all I've got to do is hold the students' attention for an hour. Easier said than done, but I've downloaded a bunch of lesson plans from the internet, so hopefully they'll give me some good ideas. I'm feeling a lot calmer about teaching now, although tomorrow I have to face three classes on my own. Now that's a scary prospect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home