Monday, November 06, 2006

Today's lessons

Today's lessons weren't too traumatic. The first two (M6) were pretty boring (for me and for the students) – they were just me reading through exam questions (it was what I was asked to do... although I think they may have been hoping that I'd try and make it interesting somehow. I don't think they have quite grasped what “no teaching experience” actually means). The next one (M2) was okay, but I set a task that was far too hard for the students (it's going to be a few weeks before I understand the level that the students are at), and the third one (M3) went pretty well. I dictated a list of activities and things (football, singing, coffee, teacher, etc.) and then asked them to go around the class and find one person who did like and one who didn't like each thing. Explaining that instruction took about twenty minutes. You'd be amazed. Eventually I managed a clear demonstration and they finally clicked. So I left them asking their questions (I'm sure they were probably talking in Thai to one another, but no matter) – that's what's called a “milling activity”, by the way. And then the lesson was over. I had intended to sit them down again and go round asking “who likes / doesn't like...” but we'll save that for next week. I'm starting to learn that my lesson plans are going to have to be veerrry simple.

Okay, I promise that's the last time I blog about my lessons, unless something actually interesting happens.

In other news, I think I'm getting a cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home