Monday, November 06, 2006

Just call me Miss Universe

So apparently I'm the spitting image of Miss Universe 2005. In every single class I've taught and every group of students I've met, someone has called out “Nathalie!”. The teachers told me that they meant Miss Universe (the contest was held in Thailand last year, I gather). They love her because she embraced Thai culture and food and learned to wai (well it's not hard – it's holding your hands together in front of your chin). And loads of guys have asked for my phone number (I mean okay, they're all my students, but it still counts in theory, right?). And I'm getting called “byoodi-fool” all the time. I could get used to this (I think it's going to my head - I'm starting to think I'm invincible). I love this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home