Monday, November 13, 2006

What is it with these kids?

I spend about half an hour trying to explain what I want them to do, getting nothing in response but blank looks. I'm having to continually update the lesson plan on the fly because my original ideas are too complicated to explain, which makes me look even more disorganised than I already am. Meanwhile I'm getting increasingly frustrated. And then finally I get a Thai teacher in to explain in Thai what I want the kids to do (in the end it went from "write a description of a package tour" to "make a sentence with 'The Safari Land tour includes...' [pick something from the list] ', doesn't it?'). And then with like five minutes of the lesson left, suddenly everyone wants to show their work to me and I'm getting shouts of "teacher! teacher!" from every corner! I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home