Monday, February 05, 2007

Mondays are exhausting

The morning's fine - two M6 classes - but in the afternoon I have to face 2/7, followed immediately by 3/8. 2/7 was a complete disaster as usual, despite my best efforts. 3/8 I tried desperately to keep in check, but it all fell apart quite quickly and all we covered the entire hour was the Valentine's vocabulary (you should have heard their efforts for "lovestruck" - "rub-shrook") and never got around to making cards. They did respond surprisingly well to "shhhhh" though... for about five seconds: as soon as I started talking again, so did they. Did have to kick one boy out of class eventually - and I confiscated three friendship books from the girls and two mobile phones from the same boy. Perhaps at three months in it's a little late to be starting with the discipline, but hey, better late than never.

Roll on Tuesday - the only day of the week on which I have only upper school classes.

2 Comments:

At 4:29 pm, Blogger Laura said...

Teach him a lesson and phone home on his mobile. Only joking!

 
At 2:46 am, Blogger Charlotte said...

I would, only his address book is all in Thai! He kept receiving text messages while I had the phone in my hand (also in Thai, of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home