Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Abou' the chops

Urgh, just remembered that Wanna last week asked me to "prepare the woccabulairy abou' the chops, lie fo' example the engineer", for my M5 classes this week, which I imagine means she wants me to teach a lesson on occupations, but really it could mean almost anything.

I still haven't done what she asked me to do yesterday: "fine the passege abou' the wedding, fo' example the couple who get malley". That was her instruction, before she whirled out of the room with a big "OK?" smile, leaving me halfway through a "but!" with a huge question mark above my head. Really, I need an interpreter as much when she's speaking English as Thai.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanna sounds like Para Handy the West Highland puffer captain. He would describe jobs as chobs and married as merit. You needed an interpreter at your elbow unless you had heard Teuchters speak. (Teuchter = Highlander)

 
At 9:33 am, Blogger Laura said...

I knew it sounded familiar, and I don't think you have to go quite so far North either. I think you have found your interpreter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home