Thursday, January 18, 2007

The School Play

It was the school play today. It rocked. I went for the first performance at 12 o'clock (Ajarn Suwimon covered our 11:00 class) and liked it so much I ended up staying for both the 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock performances (Ajarn Jintana, who I went with, told me the last one would be the best). It was a musical production in honour of the King (it's his 80th birthday this year... in December), so I watched my students sing and dance and although I've no idea what the actual story was about it was utterly fabulous. And afterwards the band (all looking very dapper in black shirts & grey ties) insisted I pose for photographs with them ("Chalot! Chalot!"). I stand out a mile against their monochromatic outfits, but I can't wait to see the pictures.

My photos are terrible because there was no flash photography allowed (actually I think there was no photography allowed, but certainly no-one else was paying attention to the ban).

All the boys in those last three photos are my students - the girls I don't have a clue about, since they're completely unrecognisable in make-up and out of uniform... Come to that, there was one boy (not in these photos), well, it makes a change to see him out of make-up.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 am, Blogger Laura said...

Bring it to the West End!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home